Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tuesday night before going to bed, we were changing dad and noticed something had leaked on the mat of the bed. What we found was the wound from the hip replacement had opened and was oozing pus, lots of it. So we cleaned it by draining the pus from his leg, cleaning it with saline solution, and starting him on antibiotics. Dad has osteomyelitis in his leg and it had abscesses. I had contacted one of his doctors and pretty said that with the dad’s system was shutting down. If insufficient nourishment, which is needed for healing, the skin breakdown on his bottom and now the abscess hip represents of poor resistance to any kind of trauma, infection or injury. Which are all true but as believer in Christ and the finish work of the cross we know that healing is our so we can say “But God”.

All day yesterday that battle played in my head; Jesus says that by His strips we are healed, but it also says that “to the believer, death is our reward”. On and on, one scripture after another, I had this battle of scripture going on in my head. Now all of them were true, they are the promises from Father God and they are ours but it is up to us to use them. Being it was Wednesday night, it’s church night for us. Again the battle plays; should I go to church, I really need it for me, do I stay home with mom, I haven’t told her what the doctor was saying, I want to find someone else who will tell me something I want to hear.

I decide that I will talk with Mom after church, I needed a word from God and Pastor’s sermon was right on. Title is “Faith that Endures to the end” now that’s what I wanted to hear. I’m thinking, I didn’t come this far with dad just to throw in the towel and watch him die. This is the word I walked away with; that God will allow things to happen in your life, you might think it’s the devil but God is testing you. You can’t have a testimony without a test. God doesn’t test you so He can find out what you are made of. He, testes you so you will know what you are made of. Can you make or will you fall apart? Will you stand against the devil or give in? Our faith has to be tested, tried so we can know where we are weak. And in the testing, our faith will become stronger as pass the testing. The devil even said to Jesus, “did God really said””. The devil wants to bring in doubt. Make you question God and God is big enough for your questions. Then the Lord spoke to me and said that it’s not my choice but dads. But I decided that I’m going to do everything I can for dad even when he draws his last breath, I’m going to believe and pray that God would raise him from the die. I know; that sounds crazy but Jesus did it and He said we will do great then that because He goes to the Father for us.

I had called dad’s internal medicine doctor for him to see dad in his office, He checked dad out and took a culture, ran some blood test, his vital were normal, blood pressure was a little high but could be caused by pain. Today it’s not oozing pus but there is a nice hole in his leg. Once the test comes back, his doctor will start IV therapy by putting in a pick line so we can do the therapy at home. Now that’s the answer I wanted. Let’s do something, anything, not just stand around and do nothing. That just isn’t me.

The doctor said that we did two things right that help dad in stopping the infection from spreading; on we drained the pus and started the antibiotics. And I just thinking now, on Monday I heard in the spirit three days and saw a vision of things moving quickly and today is the third day and this all happened quickly...I think God is wanting to teach me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment